In the rapidly evolving world of technology today, it is becoming more and more of a priority to take your entertainment with you wherever you go. This especially applies to Danish expats living in Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Germany, USA, UK, or Holland. For them, a channel like DR TV is a must have on their channel list, but they do face one major problem. DR TV is geo-blocked outside Denmark. To unblock DR TV abroad, you either need to use VPN or Smart DNS.
How To Unblock DR TV Outside Denmark
Streaming DR TV Outside Denmark via VPN
VPN simply stands for Virtual Private Network. You can tell from the name itself that it implies something is hidden to make it private; this something would be your actual IP address, which is hidden so as to prevent any site from identifying who you are and where you’re streaming from. After doing so, you get to access a remote server which will assign you a new IP address, determined by the country whose geo-blocked channel you wish to access.
- VPN is encrypts your Internet traffic. Your ISP won’t have as much as an idea about what you’re doing online.
- You can install VPN apps on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android streaming device.
- VPN works regardless of whether your ISP policy uses DNS hijacking or transparent proxies.
- Connecting to a Danish VPN server unblocks all geo-restricted Danish channels at once. Watch DRTV, Viaplay, DPlay, HBO Nordic, TV3, Yousee, and TV2 Play outside Denmark.
To stream DR TV outside Denmark you need a service provider who has VPN servers in Denmark. ExpressVPN is a perfect example. The following VPN services should also allow you to watch Danish streaming channels abroad.
Streaming DR TV Outside Denmark via Smart DNS
Smart DNS proxies work in a very clever way. They take out the part of your URL that’s responsible for disclosing your current location to the site you visit, and in this way, you become an anonymous user who has access to the geo-blocked channels that you would want. Smart DNS also has its pros and cons.
- You can setup all your streaming devices with Smart DNS and won’t need any additional software to get it up and running. PC, Mac, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android, Smart TV, iPhone, iPad, PS4, and Xbox are all supported.
- Smart DNS can be negatively affected by ISP policies such as transparent proxies and DNS hijacking.
- Your Internet traffic is not encrypted. Your ISP can keep a log of your activity online.
- Smart DNS doesn’t in any way reduce your browsing speed.
Use Unlocator to unblock DR TV and other Danish streaming channels abroad. The Danish Smart DNS service offers new users a free ‘no-strings-attached’ 7-day trial.
Smart DNS Proxy vs VPN – What to Look out for?
ExpressVPN’s 30-day money back guarantee means that they have much confidence in their quality of service. If you choose Unlocator, on the other hand, you get to try their service for free during the first 7 days.