How to change Google Play Store region on Android? Each country has a different Google Play Store. The apps you can search for and install via Google Play depend on your region. If you with to download an application that is available in the American Google Play Store outside US, you get the following error “This app is not compatible with any of your devices”. In order to switch your Google Play Store region to US, Canada, UK, or France, use VPN.
How to Change Google Play Store Region to US or UK using VPN
Change Google Play Store Region to USA with VPN
If you wish to download, install, or purchase an app on Google Play Store that is not available in your country, you have to mock your location. That means change your IP address and get one in the Google Play Store region you wish to switch to. VPN allows you to do just that.
- VPN encrypts all of you traffic. Government agencies and ISPs won’t be able to monitor your online activity.
- There are VPN apps available in the Google Play Store. Download the VPN app. Install it on your Android device. Connect to a US, UK, France, Australia VPN server.
- VPN also allows you to unblock and watch apps/channels that are geoblocked in your region. Watch Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, HBO, Sky, BBC and more.
- In order to change your Google Play Store region on Android please follow these steps:
- Download the VPN app on your Android Smartphone or tablet.
- Connect to a VPN server in the country you wish to switch your Google Play Store region to.
- Go to your Android settings. Scroll down to ‘About phone’. Click several times on ‘Build Number’ until you unblock the ‘Developer Options’ which now can be found under ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Developer Options’ and enable ‘Mock Locations’.
- Go back to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Apps’.
- Find the Google Play Store App and do the following:
- Click ‘Force Stop’, ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’.
- The next time you launch Google Play Store, it will be in the region of the VPN server you’re connected to. If you’re still having trouble changing your Google Play Store region, try creating a new Google account.
I usually use ExpressVPN to change my Google Play Store region as they have VPN servers in 78 different countries. All the VPN providers listed below will allow you to change your Google Play Store country.
How to Change Google Play Store Region to USA
I’ve tested them on Marshmallow, Lollipop, Kitkat, and Jellybean. The tested Android devices included:
- HTC M9, M8.
- Sony Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4, and Z5.
- Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6 and Samsung Galaxy Note.
- LG v10, E715, and V500.
- OnePlus One, OnePlus Two.
Change Google Play Store Region to US, UK, Canada, France
These are all the steps need to change Google Play Store region using VPN. If you’re still having trouble changing your Play Store country, just drop a comment below.