Learn how to switch your Netflix region to American using Smart DNS or VPN proxy. The following guide works in UK, Canada, Germany, Brazil, Australia, France, or anywhere else abroad. Unblock US Netflix on your Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Smart TV, PS3, PS4, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, or Amazon Fire TV.
How to change Netflix Region to USA via VPN or DNS Proxy
Change Netflix Region to American – VPN
Netflix is geoblocked in most countries. In regions where Netflix is available, it does not offer much content apart from US. To bypass these geo-restrictions, you need to use VPN. Install VPN on your streaming device. Select an American VPN server. Stream US Netflix content as if your are in the USA.
- VPN works great on Android, PC, Mac, iPhone, and iPad. By sharing your VPN connection, you can enable VPN on almost all other streaming devices too.
- VPN encrypts all of your traffic. This adds security and privacy to your online browsing.
- VPN is immune against DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies. Both methods can stop Smart DNS from working properly.
- Your Internet speed will drop by around 10% when using VPN. That’s due to the fact your traffic is getting redirected and encrypted.
- Connecting to a US VPN server unblock all US channels at the same time. Watch Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Showtime outside US.
Make sure you find a VPN provider with fast VPN servers in the US. This will help you avoid and streaming issues. Here are the best VPN providers to unblock American Netflix abroad.
Update: October 1st, 2018: Tested and confirmed working for Netflix: ExpressVPN. Unlocator does not support unblocking American Netflix any longer.
Change Netflix Region to American – Smart DNS
Each device connected to the Internet uses a DNS address. By changing the DNS address on your streaming platform, you can unblock American Netflix and other Netflix regions. The DNS codes you need are provided by Smart DNS proxy services. Just create a free account with Unlocator and get going.
- Smart DNS works on PS3, PS4, Xbox, Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android. Unlocator do have easy-to-follow setup guides for all these devices.
- Unlike VPN, your Internet speed is unaffected when using Smart DNS. Your traffic is only partly redirected.
- With Smart DNS you can unblock channels from different countries simultaneously. Watch US Netflix and UK BBC iPlayer at the same time.
- DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies, both used by some ISPs, might stop Smart DNS from functioning.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS service that offers a free 7-day trial. You don’t need to disclose your credit card info to sign up.Changing your DNS address to Unlocator’s simultaneously unblocks 211 other geoblocked channels.
How to Get American Netflix Region – Workaround
Smart DNS and VPN will definitely allow you to change your Netflix country to USA. Which method you choose depends on the device you want to unblock US Netflix on.