Xfinity TV offers its audience TV shows and channels from all of the major US producers. The only hurdle being the fact that is quite to difficult to access Xfinity TV Go outside the US. This is because it is one of many geo-blocked channels. Unfortunately, most American expatriates give up on streaming Xfinity TV Go outside the US as soon as the error message pops up; unaware that there are two methods you can use to unblock the channel. You can either use VPN or Smart DNS to watch Xfinity TV Go outside USA. (Australia, Spain, Canada, Belgium, Greece, Germany, UK, etc.)
How to Watch Xfinity TV Go Outside USA?
Unblock Xfinity TV Go Outside USA: VPN Solution
Most people who’ve heard of VPN only think that it’s used to access websites that might be banned by their institution. Not many know that you can use it to stream content from any video on demand site such as Xfinity Go. The thing about VPN is that is covers up your IP address, and this makes you virtually undetectable to the site that you want to visit. This way you can access their content without being blocked because of where you are. Here’s a few more things you should know before getting started with VPN.
- Your browsing activity stays private and anonymous as VPN will encrypt your traffic. Even your ISP won’t be able to point out what you’re doing online.
- Your ISP won’t also be able to run policies on you such as DNS hijacking or transparent proxies.
- Using a VPN connection over WiFi that is made available in a public place like an airport or local cafe is extremely important. This helps make sure that nobody is tracking your online activity.
- After unblocking Xfinity Go through an American VPN server, all the other US-only channels also get automatically unblocked. This means you get to stream HBO GO, Netflix, Hulu Plus and other well known American channels.
As you search for which VPN to sign up to, you should know that there are a bunch of uncredible , free service providers online, that can’t really deliver on the quality of service they promise. If you want to unblock Xfinity TV Go outside the US, I recommend ExpressVPN. Below is a list you might find useful in your search for the right VPN service provider.
Watch Xfinity TV Go Outside US – Smart DNS Solution
A Smart DNS proxy service has a fairly simpler method of getting you to stream Xfinity TV Go outside the US. It works by redirecting the URLs that reveal where you’re surfing from such that your current location becomes undetectable to the streaming channel in question. VPN, in comparison, redirects all of your traffic. Smart DNS can give you access to geo-blocked channels like Xfinity Go, Netflix, Hulu Plus and BBC iPlayer regardless of wherever you may be.
- Smart DNS is compatible with all your streaming devices. This includes PS4, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, Roku Android, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
- You won’t need any additional software to get it to work.
- Smart DNS doesn’t interfere with your browsing speed. It stays at the same speed you’re used to.
- Unfortunately, ISP policies like DNS hijacking and transparent proxies can stop Smart DNS from functioning properly.
- Smart DNS does not encrypt your traffic.
Unlocator is one of the few Smart DNS proxy service that support unblocking Xfinity TV outside USA. If you decide to use Smart DNS instead of VPN to bypass geographic restrictions, sign up for Unlocator’s free 7-day trial. Afterwards, follow these video/setup tutorials to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
Smart DNS vs VPN: Streaming Xfinity TV Go Outside the US
So, there you have it. Not one, but two workarounds that allow you to watch Xfinity TV Go and other geo-restricted streaming channels overseas. Whether to use VPN or Smart DNS is a decision you have to make on your own.